Thursday, December 11, 2008

Standard Chartered Spore Marathon 2008

This is another event which I registered as early bird in the Full Marathon.
I have particpated in the last 3 years : 2005 & 2006 - full marathon. 2007 - Half marathon.
2008 today - instead of Full , decided to exchange with Foo Chee Chung and ran the Half marathon.

Ever since 2005, I like the clean air, water stations are abundant, impressive organisation by young students , and the commitment from standard bank that makes it a carnival-event in spore. So, this is the 4th year...

I regret to say this trip was frustrating 'cos I was over-confident of the things to come.

1. Change of Suntec City to Expo Hall - collections of BIbs . additional 30 mins to ExpoHall.
2. Technical problem while at Expo Hall - unable to collect, was made to wait outside for more than 1 hour 30min++ . Just imagine, coming from KL, keep our car in JB., take a bus across the Causeway, MRT fr Kranji to City Hall., wait for another train fr City Hall to Expo., then this...situation . I think their Efficiency is limited to 40,000 runners...but this time they accept around 50,000 runners.

3. On the way back., we lost our way finding our Oxford Hotel which is located between City Hall and Bugis Mrt station. We spend 1 hr finding it.....how to join the Amazing Race !!! heheheh

4. At Oxford, bad luck striked again. I booked thru Internet booking for separate beds.
The hotel mgmt gave it away. My friend had to settle my snoring being on the same bed.

THe RACE
In Spore, one should not drink so much prior to the race because you cannot find any place to Pee than the provided mobile toilets.
I q for the line for 1 hour ., and i join the race 15 mins later.

Overall., I still enjoy the race.
I STILL CAN RUN.

Comments:
Aug 09 vs. Dec 08.
Long time no update?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?